Monday, November 3, 2008

Lots of treats and no tricks!

This year we had a blast trick or treating. We participated in our wards Trunk or Treat the night before Halloween. Brent dressed up as a mad scientist/Dr. Frankenstein. I decorated the trunk with bottles of body parts and bugs. Amelia was a flower fairy. She is kind of obsessed with pink and so whatever she was wearing had to be pink. We searched and searched and when she saw Tinker Bell's friends from Pixie Hollow on the Disney website, she fell in love. Olivia wore the Piglet costume that Amelia wore for her first Halloween. It was so soft and cozy, I knew she would like it as much as Amelia did. I was the only one who didn't dress up this year. I just didn't have the time to do something great, I could bring myself to throw on something simple so I didn't do anything. Amelia kept asking, "Why aren't you wearing your M&M costume this year?" I had a hard time explaining to her that last year I was pregnant and didn't mind looking like a barge. This year, I would have liked to have wore something that made me feel a little better about myself. I guess that is why I didn't dress up. Anyway, it was a little cold but great fun. The next night, Halloween Night, we ended up trick or treating in Ellen and Mikes neighborhood and then coming back to our neighborhood for round two. Needless to say, we have our share of treats. We were planning on being home to hand out candy so we bought a bunch, then we were gone just long enough that we missed the early crowd. Oh well, at least we bought candy we wouldn't mind eating over the next 6 months. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween, if you didn't get enough candy, come over and trick or treat belated style at my house:)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh I love Amelia's costume! We are huge Pixie Hollow addicts here! And I love your trunk decor. I was so boring--this was our first ever trunk-or-treat I didn't even think about it---so ours was plain. Next year though, I'll have to pester you for fun ideas!

Rachel said...

LOVE those fairy wings. My goodness, what a great costume. And I love Olivia's face in that photo with Andrew... she does not look amused. :) What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

so cute! we miss the girls and you. camille keeps amelias photo in her bedroom still and won't ever forget her first real friend! we had a light trick or treat this year and if i lived close enough i would come for extra treats! so i thought ellen and mike lived down the street?? did i miss a move somewhere??
hope all is well, miss you guys, crystal and camille